More PaperCloth Backgrounds

I've been doing a paper cloth background each night shortly before going to bed.  It's fairly mindless and only takes about 15 minutes if you have the items close to hand.  I've been experimenting a bit


For this one I used PVA glue instead of gel medium.  I can't say there is a whole lot of difference.  It's seems slightly more matte than the glossy medium and more glossy than the matte medium, but that could be partially due to the materials used.  

Muslin base, PVA Glue, used paper towels, magazine pages, scrap paper from other projects, stamped images, pearl ex powder and white tissue.



This was my first experiment with pearl ex powder and matte versus glossy gel medium.  They didn't spread as much as I thought they would, but they do add some interesting color.  This background made with muslin base, matte gel medium, used paper towels, magazine pages, scrap paper from other projects, pearl ex powder and white tissue.


I discovered that paper towels that have been soaked in walnut stain look a bit like burlap.  It doesn't show well in the scan though.  This background made with muslin base, matte gel medium, used paper towels, magazine pages, store receipts, scrap paper from other projects and white tissue.


On this background I added Pearl Ex Interference Gold powder to the gel medium.  This background made with muslin base, glossy gel medium, used paper towels, magazine pages, Amazon packaging tape, scrap paper from other projects and white tissue.



Comments

  1. please come to my blog, you won a prize. I need you to get in touch with your address. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like :) Sometimes it's more fun making backgrounds than putting stuff on top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment