Hotpots-new tangle pattern

I've had this tangle for a little while and not posted it because--well.  It does look like a lot of little pots, but it also, kind of, looks like little toilets.  *sigh*

But it doesn't so much when you use it, especially if you turn it on it's side, so I decided to go ahead and post it.


For my examples I tried out something new.  Well, not so new, but used a bit differently.  In crafting, tags and cards are often distressed by inking up foam pads with color from stamping inkpads.  I love the glow and antiqued colors that you get this way, and thought--why not do this for a background?

So I did.  With a foam pad, I rubbed color from Tim Holtz Distress inkpads--Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, and Vintage Photo--on a page  in my Rhodia DotWebbie.  I used the same colors in Distress markers to do the line work and shadows (plus the marker Tumbled Glass).

Seashells Washed Ashore
I used the same colors here, but added some Spiced Marigold.  Because my Black Soot Distress marker is out of ink, I used a Micron pigma for the darkest lines.  I highlighted some areas with a gold gel pen.
Freia's tree

Comments

  1. LOVE this effect. Can you test this stuff on the back of a plate you don't care too much about, let it dry and then try to rub it off?????
    I would love to use this on plates, but don't want to purchase it,unless it will stick to the ceramic. Thanks in advance for considering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, I just LOVE...Love...LOVE these Zentangle art pieces and colors...my friend you should be able to find a buyer to put these on giant canvas for peoples wall art..I am absolutely mesmerized by your art, colors and beauty. And thanks for the tip for doodling in my art journal...YOU are the Bestest...heeee...love ya Lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. love what you did to the back ground! wish I had some of that stuff. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know if soft pastels could be used as a background ? or would it mess up my microns ? I would like to use something that is dry. just don't know what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft pastels would most likely mess up your Microns. You might be able to apply a fixative, but I doubt even then you'd be able to use Microns. One of the reasons, I've been playing with the ink pads is for this very reason. They aren't exactly dry, but they aren't nearly as messy as paint.

    Have you tried any of the water-soluble markers, like the Tim Holtz distress markers? I find that even the color pencils can clog Microns, but the markers don't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment