Hotpots-new tangle pattern

I've had this tangle for a little while and not posted it because--well.  It does look like a lot of little pots, but it also, kind of, looks like little toilets.  *sigh*

But it doesn't so much when you use it, especially if you turn it on it's side, so I decided to go ahead and post it.


For my examples I tried out something new.  Well, not so new, but used a bit differently.  In crafting, tags and cards are often distressed by inking up foam pads with color from stamping inkpads.  I love the glow and antiqued colors that you get this way, and thought--why not do this for a background?

So I did.  With a foam pad, I rubbed color from Tim Holtz Distress inkpads--Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, and Vintage Photo--on a page  in my Rhodia DotWebbie.  I used the same colors in Distress markers to do the line work and shadows (plus the marker Tumbled Glass).

Seashells Washed Ashore
I used the same colors here, but added some Spiced Marigold.  Because my Black Soot Distress marker is out of ink, I used a Micron pigma for the darkest lines.  I highlighted some areas with a gold gel pen.
Freia's tree

Popular posts from this blog

Lacy: Non-official Zentangle/ZIA pattern

Giveaway closed-Micron Pen Set & Case And Tombow Fudenosuke Pens #Giveaway #PenAndInk #ArtistPens