- inks were sprayed lightest to darkest
- the distance from which I sprayed was varied
- the length of time of time I sprayed was varied--I did short, barely there bursts of color and long saturated close ups of color.
- Misted with water, rolled paper towels over stencil to pick up color.
- Sprayed through stencil with ink spray; flipped stencil over and rubbed off color somewhere else on page
11. Color-Pencil-Like Gel pens were used to color the stamped images, and to add a bit of pink and gray here and there around the page where I thought an area needed to be brightened or dulled down.
12. The white gel pen was used to add highlights and make the stamped images pop.
I borrowed heavily from Dyan Reavely's ink spray and stenciling techniques for this project. You can find many of her video tutorials online.