Monday, November 11, 2013

'Creating Art at the Speed of Life' - Day 8 #PamCarriker #ArtAtTheSpeedOfLife #ArtJournaling

I did a lot of substitution for this project.  I didn't have water-soluble graphite, so I used a regular 2B pencil.  I didn't have tracing paper so I used deli-wrap paper (translucent vellum, translucent rice (silk tissue paper), and possibly-napkins or tissue wrap would work as well).

I had a notepad with a raised picture of a building, so I used it for the rubbing, and then glued the tracing, graphite side down, using gel medium.


This was actually completed 4 or 5 days ago, and coming back, I like the writing better.  Maybe I'm just getting used to it now.  While I did like the background, deciding to leave it mostly blank on the left side, now I think I'd like to add more.

That's the beauty of art journaling.  A piece is never truly done.  You can keep adding to your heart's content.  However, I want to get as many pages semi-complete as possible before I report for jury duty next week, so I'll come back to this later as time allows.

Wednesday Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways #zentangle #Giveaways #ArtJournal

Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways is published on Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays Zentangle Challenges The Daily New Tangle ...