Zentangle in Rust and Amethyst #Zentangle #ContadinaK #Zendoodle

I've been playing around with the rust effect and thought I'd try the hot glue process that Contadina K does so well.  Me being me, I couldn't just try a few lines of hot glue to get the feel of it.  No.  I had to try and do a Zentangle-Inspired artwork out of it, lol!


Well, I knew that it would take some practice to control the glue, so I wasn't surprised when I got lots of bumps and spidery whiskers.  You can kinda, maybe, tell that I was doing Scoodles and Bales tangle patterns.

It does a body good to use a medium that sets you back to beginner, once in a while.  I like the method, and intend to keep at it until I have the 'touch'.

For the color, I used the rust effect I wrote up the other day, and added some Adirondack Willow, and Folk Art Metallic Amythest.  I'm not unhappy with it.  In fact, I think this week's challenge at I am the Diva was to get out of your Comfort Zone.  I think I'll add this!


Comments

  1. Looks like a fun and interesting technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes interesting and going to have to try hot glue maybe later someday when I feel eager and up to a challenge l.o.l very nice I like your tile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I can only hope to achieve the control that Viven Keh has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I saw the hot glue technique on one of Patty Parrish's videos which also referred to ContadinaK. Lots of interesting hot glue techniques on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the hot glue method has been around for a long time. I know I'll be playing around with it a lot more. Now, I just have to decide if I want to invest in a different glue gun. I inherited mine from my mother and I'm not even sure if it is hot or cool, and I've discovered there are different nozzle sizes too.

      Delete
  5. Looks interesting and like you had some fun. Thinking of using a hot glue gun would think it would almost be like drawing with a continuous stroke. The colors look cool. Will have to look up this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to keep pushing the glue stick forward (at least with my model), so there are pauses, which is where I kept getting the spidery strings. I think it will definitely get easier with practice.

      Delete
  6. This is wonderful and very imaginative! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh yayyyy, Sandra! I adore this - especially how you've zentangled it up. Before I read your description, I thought that the rusty look to it was very very cool! The gritty browns and oxidized greens, and your color choices for the raised portions of hot glue are beautiful. I'm honored that you were inspired to do this, and personally, the stringy bits and bumps are what I love the most. - Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the hot glue technique, and I adore what you did! simply amazing. Love all the shapes and the wonderful colors! You are so right when you say that it is good to get out of comfort zone! it pushes us to other boundaries! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment