Friday, November 1, 2013

Zentangle in Rust and Amethyst #Zentangle #ContadinaK #Zendoodle

I've been playing around with the rust effect and thought I'd try the hot glue process that Contadina K does so well.  Me being me, I couldn't just try a few lines of hot glue to get the feel of it.  No.  I had to try and do a Zentangle-Inspired artwork out of it, lol!


Well, I knew that it would take some practice to control the glue, so I wasn't surprised when I got lots of bumps and spidery whiskers.  You can kinda, maybe, tell that I was doing Scoodles and Bales tangle patterns.

It does a body good to use a medium that sets you back to beginner, once in a while.  I like the method, and intend to keep at it until I have the 'touch'.

For the color, I used the rust effect I wrote up the other day, and added some Adirondack Willow, and Folk Art Metallic Amythest.  I'm not unhappy with it.  In fact, I think this week's challenge at I am the Diva was to get out of your Comfort Zone.  I think I'll add this!


Cave Pony Fantasy Landscape Step-out #FantasyLandscape #Step-out #DrawingTutorial

I was looking at a friend's photos on Flickr and came across a horse with odd coloring.  As often happens these days, I was immediately ...