Creative Destruction Day Eleven-Snowline

I had originally tested out some inks on this page in my Stillman & Birn Zeta sketchbook, blending them to see what colors they'd make.

My shock-light blue Montana marker (which are tube pens with an enormous tip, that are filled with acrylic paint) was used to cover the page.  This particular color is semi-transparent, and I usually like the look I get.  This time however, the ink colors beneath just went muddy, except for a few spots of teal.

I used Distress markers for the ground, and discovered that the teal still showed through, even where I didn't want it.  I switched to gellyrolls ink pens-metallics, stardust and glaze.  The teal still shows through in places, though it's more apparent in this scan than in real life.

For the snow, Elmer's paint pen (another acrylic paint marker) was used, but it still didn't cover all the teal.  To get a really opaque white, I dabbed color from Ranger Inkssentials Enamel Accents (a thick paint that comes in nail polish bottle style and dries 3D).



Comments