Creative Destruction Day Five - Cat-astrophic

I've been sharing some pages from my Stillman & Birn Zeta sketchbook.  Color is so brilliant on this paper that I love using it to create charts and try out techniques, but I don't always want to keep them.  So I destroy the original by painting or coloring over most of it and then create something else.

Originally, I used this page to mix various Stephen Quiller acrylic paints.  I had intended to apply a thin coat of black gesso, letting much of color show through.  The gesso came out faster than I expected and I ended up covering almost all of color.  Except for that lower left corner.  I decided to leave it.

I saw a cat in the color--actually three different cats, depending on how I looked at it, and that inspired the rest of this Zentangle-Inspired artwork.


Comments

  1. i love this, sandra - the splotch of white, and those few streaks of color are so subtle and pretty. And of course your cat is oh so whimsical. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sandra, what do you use for your white pen?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment