Friday, January 24, 2014

Journal52: Prompt 01 - Up, Up, and Away!

I've joined a free year-long journal prompt group, Journal52, run by Chelle Stein.  Even as I joined it, I cringed a bit because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up.  It's already been a busy year, and it doesn't look like it is going to ease up anytime soon.

But that's a problem we all have, isn't it? So I decided on some ground rules.

Rule 1:  No fretting.  Even if I can't keep up with the weekly prompts and even if I break my own rules.
Rule 2:  K.I.S.S. --Keep It Simple, Stupid.  Not necessarily a simple result, but simple techniques that are quick and easy to do.
Rule 3:  No planning.  This is going to be a slapdash, take 5 minutes to glue down some collage or doodle some lines.
Rule 4:  No inner critic allowed.  What I get is what I get.  I'm not competing with myself or anyone else. This journal is to be an exploration and fun. Period.
Rule 5:  Remember Rule 2 and quit making rules!

Prompt 01 was 'Up, Up and Away!'  My page was done over a two-week period, 5-10 minutes at a time.  I used Cyan, Magenta and Yellow acrylic paint for a background.  Bits of sheet music were glued down pretty much at random.  The bird was done collaging decopatch papers and then drawing over it with gellyroll pens.  The tangles were all done with gellyroll pens.