Monday, March 3, 2014

Journal52 Prompt 06: When I Grow Up #Journal52 #Life_Imitates_Doodles

I had a difficult time with this prompt.

Oh, I had plenty of ideas, but they all took lots of time that I didn't have, or even worse, I simply wasn't interested in trying to accomplish them.

Dang it, I said to myself, I want to keep things simple.  Then I went 'duh'.  That's it.  When I grow up, I want to keep things simple.  So I did a very simple acrylic painting using Primary Red, Primary Yellow and Primary Cyan on black gesso.  I used the negative painting style and painted around the shapes of the trees.  It took about 20 minutes.  Not my greatest work, but it was satisfying to do.


Ginger Horse #ZentangleInspiredArt #FountainPen #PenAndInk

You know how sometimes a work just fights you while you're trying to draw it?  I had an idea tickling my brain, a desire to combine styl...