Friday, May 30, 2014

Journal52: Week 21 Prompt-Mandala

I know.  My mandala doesn't look very impressive.  But.  It's holographic!  Twist it in the light just right and a whole different mandala appears!  My great-nieces (5 & 7) were SO impressed!

I'm not big on mandalas.  I love seeing what others do, but have never had much interest in drawing them myself.  So for this prompt I grabbed the Quasi-stencils I won from Artist Cellar a while ago, and used one for the dotted background, and two for the blue mandala.

How did I get the holograph?  I used Daler-Rowney's Graduate Metallic acrylic in pearl-white with my last stencil.  All their metallics are very transparent, and the pearl white is almost invisible.  Until you hold it so the light can catch the sheen.  It's a cheap thrill, but it's fun, lol!


Wednesday Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways #zentangle #Giveaways #ArtJournal

Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways is published on Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays Zentangle Challenges The Daily New Tangle ...