Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Reflections on Filberts--Watercolor brushes that is. #Watercolor

I got this nifty new brush.  Unfortunately, it's a cheapie from Artist's Loft, under $3.00.  I did this one painting below (card sized) and already the bristles are starting to splay.


It is just labeled as a filbert, worse luck, because I'd like to find a better version, possibly in a larger size.  I like the effects you can get with it while painting foliage and grass. (Edited to note that I've learned these are called 'Wisp' brushes.  They come in both Filberts and Fan style)

This was a very quick painting, mostly an excuse to try out the brush, plus I needed a birthday card.


Wednesday Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways #zentangle #Giveaways #ArtJournal

Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways is published on Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays Zentangle Challenges The Daily New Tangle ...