Still Life with Cut Melons #Watercolor #KDAllegri #LifeImitatesDoodles

Today was the last day of my watercolor class with Kathy Delumpa Allegri (boo!  I'm going to miss going--though I am going with her and seven others to do plein air painting at a lavender farm, tomorrow. Yay! Rain, rain stay away.  I want sunshine to shine that day!)

We painted on Shizen paper again, and I really like the textures you get with it.  Not as happy with the painting as I was with last weeks, but I did take on a bigger challenge.  I may go back and deepen the shadows and life more highlights in the cloth.  I was starting to fuss though and that's always the time to stop.  Better slightly unfinished than over-worked!


Comments

  1. I love these colors and the way they look on this paper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment