The Gingerbread Man Enjoys Water Sports #Clairefontaine #GelliPlate #KDAllegriArt

Last Wednesday, I loaded up my gelli plate and everything under the sun that I thought might be useful and headed over to make art with my friend Kathy.  We had such fun!

I had a little gingerbread man tag from a bottle of ginger syrup that I used with two of the prints, and I added a little linework with Sharpies and Gellyroll pens, after I got home.
The Gingerbread Man Goes Deep Sea Diving-done on Clairefontane's Japon Calligraphy paper
The Gingerbread Man on the Banks of the Creampuff Pond in the Lemoncurd Valley done on Yupo Paper

She had never used a gelli plate before and I haven't used mine very often because I don't have too much room.  She has a 4 tables worth, so this was a perfect opportunity for both of us--except for one thing.

Only one gelli plate!  I had found a site that mentioned using rubber plumber's plates for monoprinting.  Since the plates only cost 99 cents, I decided to give them a try (save your 99 cents!).  I wasn't happy with the results from my plumber's plates, but did manage some time with the gelli plate.

These are the prints I made, (including the two above before adding the linework).  You'll be seeing these pop up in various art journal pages in the not-too-distant future.

Yupo Paper

Clairefontaine Japon Calligraphy Paper

Clairefontaine Japon Calligraphy Paper with collage elements 

Clairefontaine Japon Calligraphy Paper with collage elements

Clearprint Vellum paper

Comments

  1. What fun to do this with a friend. I wish you lived down the street :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment