Idealized Design and a Golden Forest #ZoltanSzabo #Watercolor #WatercolorTechnique

I was playing with the Idealized Design technique from 'Zoltan Szabo's 70 Favorite Watercolor Techniques'.  His version is much more simplified and abstract.  This was my first try and I didn't get it quite right, so I kept adding things to try and make it look better.

I like it.  For a first try, anyway. I like the technique too, though I don't think I'd aim to be quite as abstract as Zoltan's painting.  You never know, though.  Tastes change.


Comments

  1. Gorgeous! And what do you think of the book???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the book. With 70 techniques you know that none of the ideas is fully explored, so I wouldn't recommend it as a starter book for a beginner to watercolor. But it's one of the the bibles of watercolor. It's an older book (about 25 years old) but was re-released in 2011. I went to Amazon and found a used copy for about $5 plus 3.99 S&H. If you want to see one of his tutorials, there is one at ArtistsNetwork-http://www.artistsnetwork.com/articles/art-demos-techniques/zoltan-szabos-watercolor-techniques

      Delete
    2. Oh, only 2 or 3 of the exercises produce this kind of painting. He takes through exercises so that you can paint almost any kind of painting you want, though I think this is more his chosen style.

      Delete

Post a Comment