Journal52 Prompt - Week 42: Magic #Journal52 #ArtJournal #Gellyroll

Well, I did what I always tell myself not to do.

It had been a while since I did a page of words in my Journal52 journal.  My brain didn't immediately pop up with ideas for the prompt 'Magic', and I wasn't feeling all that creative, so Words it was.

But, I hated the page I came up with.  I know--I try not to judge, but I just didn't like it.  I did like what I was doing on a page of Clearprint Vellum, though, so I decided to paste it over my first try and continue with it.  I scanned in the first page, though, and this morning, I wish I hadn't glued over it.

I still don't like it, but I don't hate it the way I did last night.

Ah well.  I like the backgrounds on both, so I wrote up the process for them after the photos. Once the backgrounds were done, it was just a process of using Sakura Gellyrolls pens to write the words and color around them (And I colored the horses on the vellum page).




Supplies
Sakura Gellyroll pens-Stardust: Purple Star, Blue Star, Marine Star; Moonlight-Green, Pink, Fluorescent Orange; Classic-White
Distress Inkpads-Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean
Alchol
Dropper
Pentel Pigment Ink brush pen
Art Journal with Watercolor Paper (first page shown above)
Art Journal with Clearprint Vellum Paper (second page shown above)

1.  For the vellum page, I drew the horses with a Pentel Pigment Ink brush pen.

2. I dragged and dabbed the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink Pad at random across the page, leaving lots of the paper untouched.  For the second page above, with the horses, I stopped here.

3. I repeated this with the other colors of the ink pads, blending in some places, on the first example. (NOTE: this does muddy up your ink pads.  Scrubbing the pad on scrap paper will restore the color, but it will still be stained).  I did both pages of the journal, so I've got a background for the next prompt too.


4. I sucked up alcohol into a pipette dropper and squeezed out drops at random across the page.





Comments