Schut Serene Watercolor Paper, Medium Fine Grain/Cold-Pressed, 200 gm2/95 lbs
The outcome of my tests:
- Washes move well.
- Pencil marks wash into paint without smearing.
- Paint only lifts so-so. It is easy to cause damage that will show if area is painted over.
- Both masking tape and liquid frisket remove easily.
- I didn't have problem with backruns..
- Scraping works without excess fuzz or pills.
- You can gently fold the paper over until the edges meet. The paper 'remembers' the fold, but will straighten completely if weighted down.
- You can fold the paper, without creasing, until edges touch and it springs back without memory. It creases cleanly without radiating or cracking.
- There was no dimpling, buckling or curling.
|''Daylilies & Lavender' |
Adapted from an exercise in 'Florals & Botanicals' by Joan Hansen
|'Owl Butterfly' done with Watercolor and Brush Pen|