Schut Sketchpad Paper, medium fine grain, 180 gm2/83 lbs
PH Neutral, Acid-free, ISO 9706.
I was impressed with how well this sketchpaper held up as a watercolor paper, given its weight.
The outcome of my tests:
- The Paper:
- can be folded almost edge to edge without crease or cracking, and it retains little memory of the fold
- seems heavier than 180 gm2/83 lbs
- fairly stiff--warbles brightly when you flap the paper
- has enough tooth to feel slightly gritty to the touch
- washes move well
- pencil lines don't soften into paint
- color lifts well
- hard lines form easily
- no buckling
- no curling
- very slight dimpling along edges only
- takes scraping well
- Fountain Pen friendly--
- no bleed-through
- no feathering
- no indentation from nib pressure.
- Show-through only if held up to light.