Watercolor Wednesday with Schut-21 #Exaclair #Schut #Zentangle

Each Wednesday for 22 weeks, I'll be sharing artwork that was done on paper from a Schut Papier sampler.  I'll be giving you a little information about each of the papers.

Schut Vel Acryl, 360 g/m2:165 lbs

This is a very stiff thick paper and it screamed mixed media to me.  I was getting a bit tired of working at the half sheet size and decided I would do the whole sheet as a collage.  I tore up scraps of magazine paper, and decoupaged it down with gel medium.  I layered on some textured pumice gel as well.

Then I painted the page with a very transparent metallic green acrylic paint, leaving the negative shapes of the pears.

It would also be a very good paper to use for art journal covers.

The outcome of my tests:
  • Not a good paper for folding
    • the backside creases cleanly
    • the inside radiates so that you get several creases
    • I was afraid the paper would crack so I didn't press as hard as I normally would
  • Good paper for collage
    • despite several layers of paper, gel medium and pumice gel
      • no buckling
      • no dimpling
      • no curling
  • A little stiff for art journaling
    • hard to fold
    • could be punched and wire-bound
    • would make good cover stock

Comments