Schut Vel Acryl, 360 g/m2:165 lbs
This is a very stiff thick paper and it screamed mixed media to me. I was getting a bit tired of working at the half sheet size and decided I would do the whole sheet as a collage. I tore up scraps of magazine paper, and decoupaged it down with gel medium. I layered on some textured pumice gel as well.
Then I painted the page with a very transparent metallic green acrylic paint, leaving the negative shapes of the pears.
It would also be a very good paper to use for art journal covers.
The outcome of my tests:
- Not a good paper for folding
- the backside creases cleanly
- the inside radiates so that you get several creases
- I was afraid the paper would crack so I didn't press as hard as I normally would
- Good paper for collage
- despite several layers of paper, gel medium and pumice gel
- no buckling
- no dimpling
- no curling
- A little stiff for art journaling
- hard to fold
- could be punched and wire-bound
- would make good cover stock