Thursday, July 30, 2015

Idealized Painting Three #watercolor #ZoltanSzabo #IdealizedPainting

I've been sharing a series of Idealized Paintings that I've been playing with (with which I've been playing). I discovered a how-to for the technique in Zoltan Szabo's 70 Favorite Watercolor Techniques, though I it's a style of seen often before.

This is a fun style, though I think it will be a little more challenging when I attempt to apply it plein air, or from reference photos.  One of the reasons I was drawn to it, is because I like to fuss and get bogged down with detail.  This is a style that makes you focus on large shapes and forces you to get out before you overwork everything.

Rather than painting the trees, I just painted shapres, and then searched to find my trees.


Saturday Links to Tangles, Tutorials and Giveaways #zentangle #Giveaways #ArtJournal

Zentangle Challenges The Daily New Tangle Challenge Pattern-Collections Daily Pattern Focus My Diane & Carolien’s Challenge X-Y-Z Z...