Johnson Creek, Leach Botanical Gardens #Watercolor #LeachGardens #Quiller

Often, on Saturday mornings my husband and I visit the Leach Botanical Gardens for a walk after breakfast.  Johnson Creek runs through the park, rough and rippling in places, and deep and serene in others.

The paths are too narrow and steep for plein air painting, but I've taken plenty of photos over the last few months. This is the first time I've painted from any of them, though.

This was done using mostly Quiller watercolors, with the addition of Qor's Green Gold and Daniel Smith's Lunar Blue and Lunar Red Rock, on Lanaquarelle watercolor paper.


Comments

  1. This is so serene and you have achieved wonderful depth. Such a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite spots. It isn't huge, but it's just right for a nice walk.

      Delete

Post a Comment