Old Maple Tree in Bridal Veil #Watercolor #JHerbin #StillmanAndBirn #DanielSmitth

On Tuesday I joined Kathy Delumpa Allegri and Judy (whose last name I forget, sorry!) for a lovely day of painting Plein Air at a FRANCISCAN VILLA in Bridal Veil, Oregon.

I decided to do loose and simple sketches rather than full-on paintings this time, so I took my J. Herbin Creapen brush pen and a Stillman and Birn Beta sketchbook.

For the tree, I used Daniel Smith's Lunar Blue and Lunar Red Rock with Qor Green Gold for sun & moss.  Both of the lunar paints granulate so beautifully and the Gceen Gold ombined well with them to get the feeling of moss.


Comments

  1. Really like this. Wish I had time to take some classes using water colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you do find the time soon, and find a good teacher as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment