Snow Bunting and the Oregon Coast #52WeeksofWatercolourBirds #Watercolor #SnowBunting

Last week I was at the Coast, but I brought along enough art supplies to keep up with the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

For my watercolor class, we were supposed to paint wildlife that was native to the Pacific Northwest, so I decided to combine the two.  I was in a bit of a hurry, trying to find out which birds were native to Oregon, and I came across the Snow Bunting.  I'm still not sure if this bird is considered native or just a common visitor, but... close enough.  It looked like an easy bird to fit in during a busy week, and it was!



This bird was painted using Lukas watercolors in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

Comments