This was done for the third session of my Autumn Watercolor class. We were studying flowing water. I lost some of my white because I got the water values darker than I meant to, and in trying to lift some of the color, I just smeared it instead.
This is a common problem of mine that stems from impatience. I tried to lift the color before the paint was entirely dry, plus I used too large a brush. On of these days, I'll get my act together.
I was using my Mission Gold pure pigment set, and I'm still learning how to mix the colors. It amazes me how the yellow pigments are strong enough to show up when glazed over some of the darkers colors, while still being reasonably transparent.