52 Weeks of Watercolor Painting 2017 No. 4 #Watercolor #52WeeksOfWatercolorPainting @StillmanAndBirn

This week's painting is the other side of the half-page paintings I'm doing so I'll be able to get all 52 weeks in my  Stillman and Birn 9x12 Beta series wirebound sketchbook

As with last week, this is a 20 minute study with acheiving a bokeh effect being my main goal.  I think I came closer to what I wanted this week, having learned a few things last week.  I upped the contrast in values and kept to fewer strokes.  I still lifted some color, but not as much, so that kept things looking fresher.

My reference photo came from Pixabay.


Pigments used were Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna and Qor's Green Gold.  Brushes used were a Silver Black Velvet 3/4 inch cat's tongue, and a Fabart Dagger Brush (size unidentified but probably size 6).

Comments