Then I noticed a hair in the painting - and another - and yeah, I sent that puppy back.
Meanwhile, though, I managed to smear what I'd done while trying to remove the hairs. While trying to repair the damage, I managed to lose some of my glowing color, so I decided it just go with an end of summer fading look. Sunshine fading away before we even get any. *sigh*
I'm not totally unhappy with the finished painting, but it is a lot muddier than I'd planned. Fingers crossed for next week.
My reference Photo came from Pixabay.
Dynasty Gold 3/8 inch Dagger brush and Fabart Deersfoot stippler after the failure with a Winsor Newton Sceptre Gold II. Mijello Mission Gold watercolors.