52 Weeks of Watercolor Painting 2017 No. 9 #Watercolor #52WeeksOfWatercolorPainting #StillmanAndBirn

I've got to get a better workspace for my painting.  I managed to smear this one while reaching to get something.  I'm always spilling or smearing something.  It's the workspace, I tell you - not that I'm a klutz.

Fortunately, I was able to smooth out the smear so it looks like I was trying to show streaks of light.  No mistakes, only opportunities!

A bit late in the game, I decided 2017 will be all about flowers, and that I'll paint the flower(s) of the month (U.S. style).  Since I missed January and February, I'm splitting March, painting January's Snowdrop, February's Primrose, and then two weeks of March's Daffodils.

Really working the negative painting technique and once again surprised at how quickly I can get deep, dark values with Mission Gold paints.


I'm using a Stillman and Birn 9x12 Beta series wirebound sketchbook for all my '52 Weeks of Watercolor Paintings 2017'.

The brushes used were a Silver Black Velvet 1 inch flat and Dynasty Black Gold 3/8 Dagger.The Mijello Mission Gold watercolors used were Bamboo Green, Lemon Yellow, Cerulean Blue (PB15:3, which would be Phthalo Blue in any other brand) and Perylene Maroon.

Comments