Waterfall Fantasy Step-out and sneak peek of Step-outs to Come #FantasyLandscape #Step-out #DrawingTutorial

Here's another pattern in my series of fantasy step-outs (I'll probably end up calling these something else eventually).

These aren't tangle patterns, though I'm using the familiar step-out technique to show you how to do them.  But then Walter Foster books, and others, have been using this kind of technique forever.  As you'll see in the drawing below the step-out, I plan to do several other step-outs so you can draw your own fantasy landscapes.


Here are a couple of drawings I did - drawing them to an inner dialogue, where I thought about the possible step-outs I wanted to do, and ideas I wanted to convey.  These weren't drawn with artistic ideals in mind, just what I thinking about as I drew and colored.  Some of the step-outs may end up with different names, or I might decide not to do them, in favor of something else that occurs to me.

Some of these step-outs were created with something specific in mind.  In the case of Sun Arrows, I'm hoping it will help make shading easier.  Other step-outs are just fun.  Some will change a lot, such as fox.  I'll need to do more of these kind of drawings to help me flesh out just what I want to do.

For a full list of Fantasy Landscape Step-outs, Step-by-steps, Step-wiselys and guide rules go here.

Comments