Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Sun Arrows Fantasy Step-Outs and Fantasy Shading #FantasyStepOut #FantasyPattern #Zentangle

Shading is such a complex subject.  Since I'm planning on fantasy landscapes -- that is a landscape that looks relatively real, but is entirely imaginary with plants, trees and animals that are simplified and funky.

So I thought the shading should also be simplified and funky.  If the landscape in question has the sun in it, why have the sun point out the actual direction of the light.  I wouldn't recommend this for a truly realistic drawing, but it's actually not far off.


Here's a little more info on the way this would work.  So far, I'm still playing with ideas and trying to decide exactly how make my fantasy landscapes easiest for you.  Any questions? Suggestions?




Other Fantasy Patterns
Popcorn Tree and Popcorn Leaves
Hummingbird
Chick and Bunny
Waterfall
Petal Plant

Fantasy Landscape Step-by-Step: Portrait Orientation #FantasyLandscapeStepOut #FantasyLandscape #FantasyLandscapeStepByStep

Even though I'm posting this on a Tuesday, my plan is to post a Fantasy Landscape step-out or a step-by-step every Sunday, until I get t...