© All images and text remain the copyright of Sandra Kay Strait.

Feel free to print, share or use my tangle patterns. Credit is not necessary, but you may not copy & claim the step outs as your own. You may not alter or use any other images in this blog without express permission from myself.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekly Challenge #9 - my attempts

For Laura Harms Weekly Challenge #9-Using the Artoo tangle I started with a fairly simple drawing that isn't much along my usual style. I wasn't sure what color I should use around the Nzeppel, so I stopped and moved on to a second attempt.

As the 2nd attempt started taking on a nighttime in the woods I decided to try and give the Artoo tangle a 'glow'. See, I've sat in the hospital all night long with my mother, and I know that when Laura was creating this tangle, she wasn't just tangling. She was investing every ounce of her being with thoughts and prayers of healing for Artoo. I don't think I succeeded, but I was trying to convey a lights guiding the way through the wood effect.

Then I went back to attempt 1, and, strangely, for me, decided to leave it alone.  I think it's because I felt attempt 2 was so busy that the simplicity appealed to me as a change.