Viva Las Vegastamps! :
- Watch Gears Item 15996 Plate 1272
- Watch Parts Item 16007 Plate 1273
- Gear With Legs Item 15983 Plate 1272
- Gear With Legs And Arms Item 15989 Plate 1272
- Gear Duo Item 16002 Plate 1272
- Quartet of Gears Item 16040 Plate 1267
- Nesting Gears Item 18077 Plate 1373
- Gear Item 18086 Plate 1373
- Compass Item 16019 Plate 1273
- Steampunk Background/Collage Item 16006 Plate 1273
- Steampunk Beaked Thingie Item 18442 Plate 1390
- Various Steampunk Critturs from Plate 1389 & 1390 (will be available as individual stamps in the near future)
- (thank you Shirl for so generously giving me some of these stamps in a giveway!)
12x12 sheet Tim Holtz Grunge Paper
Ranger Archival Inkpad Black
Tim Holtz Distress Markers:Black Soot, Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw and Shabby Shutters
Miracle Tape 1 inch
Black Sharpie pen
Recently, I watched a live-show with Leslierahye and she did an awesome cover-up on aluminum cans. It inspired me to eye these plastic popcorn tubs that come 2-for-$1 at Dollar Tree.
I'd been wanting to try out the Ideaology Grunge Paper. It's strange stuff. It looks like cardboard, and feels like leather. It's flexible the way a piece of leather would be. I was curious to see how well it would work using stamps and Tim Holtz Distress Markers.
Ideas collided, and my steampunk popcorn tub was reborn as a pen-holder!
Tangle Pattern DuBloop
Note: For those unfamiliar with Zentangle or Steampunk, please check out this post for more information.
I created steps to a tangle pattern for use with this project. The names for tangle patterns are meant for reference, and aren't supposed to bring an image to mind. I thought this looked a bit like a doubled up loop, so DuBloop it is!
Be sure to to visit the Viva Las Vegastamps! blog for more projects, promotions and monthly challenges. They change often, so keep an eye out for something new. And if you haven't already received your free grab bag of rubber stamps, consider posting the Viva Las Vegastamps! widget on your sidebar. The code and instructions can be found on the left sidebar of the blog.