Anyhoo, to try and keep my brain engaged, I started playing with a base pattern...
...seeing how many different ways I could use it. I'm sure someone has done step-outs for this pattern before, but I'm too lazy to try and find it. My friend Linda Brown Levin felt it looked like an Intersection, so I'll call it that until such time as I discover an earlier name.
NOTE: I've found that Silke Wagner created step-outs for this pattern back in 2015, calling it Abbey. www.elatorium.de/a/3060-abbey.html She shows you some ideas for adding to it as well. I suspect it has been out there under other names over the years.
There are a few other patterns salted in there, because I saw a row of apartment buildings appearing and decided to go with that, but then I decided to just stay with the one base pattern and build on it.
If I hadn't said anything, you might not have even noticed that the whole drawing used the same base pattern throughout.
It is amazing what you can do with the most basic of patterns!